...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Keeping it Real

I watched with interest the recent Board meeting and how there was consternation about effective communication not reaching out to the intended target. I realize this is a large District and it is difficult to get information out to everyone, and that the laws or policies change frequently. In anticipation of an answer that it was due to the summer break and availability of staff etc. , I noted that there were issues for months or quarters last year that didn't happen this year.


"Watch your school mail for each monthly issue of"The Exceptional Communicator"and the

quarterly issues of"The ESE Administrative Communicator"Exceptional News for Exceptional People.

Also check out the "Parent Press" and

"Parent E-Press Brief" Newsletters for parents of students in Exceptional Student Education Programs and the

"Support for Families Calendar"to keep you connected to what's happening in the community. (click the titles to view links to online versions and supplements)

5 comments:

April Griffin said...

Thank you for the information. I have found it to be very informative.

I have asked for input on MAP from ESE teachers.

Stop by my blog and tell me your thoughts.

http://soundoffandbeheard.blogspot.com/2007/09/exceptional-student-education-ese-and.html


At your service, April

PRO On HCPS said...

It dawned on me that no one would know what I was drawing attention to. I first wrote about this on August 29 and now it is Sept. 17th, 2008. I just copied this again. Not sure what happened to August 2007 and we are half way in to Sept.

THE EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATOR
Exceptional News for Exceptional People

August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November/December 2006
January 2007 February/March 2007 April/May 2007

PRO On HCPS said...

Still have time for Fall 2007

"THE ESE ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATOR
Exceptional News for Exceptional Administrators

Fall 2006 Issue 9
Winter 2006 - 2007 Issue 10
Spring 2007 Issue 11
Summer 2007 Issue 12 "

PRO On HCPS said...

Missed August I guess.

In case any one cares what the big deal is, I know a lot of time and effort was put in to developing a method to get information out to the District. I have in the past rather rudely questioned the hackneyed point that the reason so many District people did not know IDEA and their responsibilities to same was that it was because "the District was so big."

After a few years of hearing this, one day I asked someone who gave me the "you need to understand" speech, I flippantly asked "when are we going to change the size of the District."

I just hope that all the money and effort put into this sophisticated information dispursement system is not just thrown away.


"THE PARENT PRESS
A newsletter for parents of students in Exceptional Student Education Programs

February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
January 2007
June 2007

Nancy Rueschhoff said...

Missed August I guess. In case any one cares what the big deal is, I know a lot of time and effort was put in to developing a method to get information out to the District. I have in the past rather rudely questioned the hackneyed point that the reason so many District people did not know IDEA and their responsibilities to same was that it was because "the District was so big." After a few years of hearing this, one day I asked someone who gave me the "you need to understand" speech, I flippantly asked "when are we going to change the size of the District." I just hope that all the money and effort put into this sophisticated information dispursement system is not just thrown away. "THE PARENT PRESS A newsletter for parents of students in Exceptional Student Education Programs February 2006 April 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 November 2006 January 2007 June 2007