...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring - And We Are Drowning

"Long as I remember the rain been comin down.
Clouds of mystry pourin' confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, tryin to find the sun;
And I wonder, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain." - Credence Clearwater Revival

***************

I've "pumped a lot "pain"" on my blogs. I've written about how I perceive the "HCDS system" having a propensity towards obfuscation, parsing of words and unprofessional actions that thwart parents when they attempt to advocate for their kids.

When I read of teachers, and a lone administrator, being treated in the same manner, it bothers me. I will keep banging the drum. I am more convinced that not only are there countless parents that are treated that way, but there are countless employees that are treated that way.

I can defend my allegations because I have the goods and the know how to present it. But it took me six years to realize I needed some specialized knowledge and a few more years to develop the skills. Most parents and teachers don't survive that long. I read the book "Death By Education" many years ago. It made sense to me, because I knew a lot of people within the school system that were caught between a rock and a hard place, or ethics and a job.

I am starting to believe more strongly that the one's who give up their ethics are rewarded - those who don't are dealt with severely.

Here is a case that I can relate to even though I am not an employee.

Follow the links.

Some day maybe the rain will stop.

1 comment:

Hall Monitor said...

Check out http://detentionslip.org for all the crazy headlines in public education. It's one of the leading sources for breaking stories from our schools.