...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hillsborough County Special Education Employees Read This

Today, I was reminded of how I came about having this blog. This blog progressed to my other two blogs. Today, I was reminded of how contemptuous and ignorantly isolated the Special Education system is in Hillsborough County.

When someone tells me that I can say things that employees of the system can't say, it taps into the anger I have about the system. I mock those who say they are "professionals" yet hide behind the smoke and mirrors of the system.

I, and the increasing number of others who see the truth, can not respect a system that flaunts it's contempt towards kids with disabilites who have needs that won't be met.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the Gradebook St Pete Times Blog today 12/9/08
http://blogs.tampabay.com/schools/



Comments vs. content
When talking to school board members from across Florida the other day, I heard many gripes that blogs including ours weaken our content by allowing untrue things written as reader comments to remain published as if they were true. They also didn't like the hateful things that many readers say.

Hillsborough board member Jennifer Faliero, who attended, later sent me an e-mail which said, in part:

"Two suggestions; the St. Pete Times establish policies governing the use of unregistered bloggers and force people to register and implement an approval process for live comments to reviewed before going live. This can be done at home by a staffer for round the clock monitoring..

The second involves you and taking a more active role in removing content you otherwise would not print."

Faliero also wrote that some elected officials would be pushing for better laws regarding blog oversight.

"This is a policy issue which will spark lively debate; our private lives and futures are at stake and people are just fed up with the horrible things being sent out over the net from reputable companies giving discontents a platform."

Valid point? Let's hear it, all you commenters.

December 09, 2008 in Ask the Expert | Permalink

PRO On HCPS said...

Thanks for the heads up.

I replied.

PRO On HCPS said...

I am out of time until later, but it seems my post on The Gradebook was there for a couple of seconds and then it was gone.

I will get back to it later.