...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Saturday, June 7, 2008

No Words Can Express The Gratitude

Back in the day, I am sure most of us had to balance an equation, either in math or chemistry. April Griffin has a post about a teacher who deserves recognition.

I have purposely not named names on my blogs. I just posted a comment to a comment on my PRO blog, and I spoke about how, when my son was a student, I learned that an accolade from me about a teacher, support person or even a mid-level administrator could be seen as "them collaborating with the enemy".

I am out of the system. As my intro says, my son and my family owe a lot to many within the system.

I will take a stab at recognizing one person. Please do not diminish my recognition by crying out why didn't I recognize "so and so". That is like asking a parent "which one of your kids do you love most".


Pheobe Irby is the person who put my son, at his age of three, and my family on the track to success. She gave us a vision of the future while she understood the pathos of the present. I would love to share more, but history tells me to tread carefully. I do not think she knows about my blogs.

This is the link to The American Teacher Awards of 1996.

This is the link to the Disney Worldwide Outreach. What you should know is that her name is highlighted in yellow, which denotes "OVERALL WINNER". So, Pheobe was the best of the best.

I humbly submit that I was interviewed by the Disney Corporation and I hope I was as strident a support for Phoebe as I could ever muster. I owe her everything.

No comments: