...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Monday, June 9, 2008

Placation is as Placation Does

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day." - Johnny Nash

************

Maybe more will see the obstacles in their way.
I am not sure the dark clouds are gone.
Maybe someday it truly will be a bright, sun shiny day.
I'm out of the system. Just like Lee.



I must say that Eskay is a very insightful person.

He analyzed a bit of information (read the comments) and in less than 24 hours he saw the picture clearly.

Frequent readers of my two blogs may have noticed that, when it comes to Special Education, the system was an albatross to me. Frequent readers of my blog may be confused as to why I rant and rave when there were many individuals within the system that did a lot for my son. Maybe it's like being in a hospital where 90% of the staff at all levels do a fine job, but 10% of the staff (at all levels) keep making you sick.

If one read the Press Release of the "old Whitehead case", one should have noted that the Whiteheads asked for reform within the system as a remedy to their case. "The Superintendent's Advisory Council on Special Education" was formed to put a check mark in one of the boxes.

I spent somewhere close to two and a half years on that project before I decided to leave it with a feeling of frustration. For those who want to check the record, I spent a year on the by-law development committee, a year as vice-president and a partial year as president.

I am curious to know how many recommendations to the Superintendent have come out of that Council? Do they keep minutes of the meetings or just a summation of what the District people want? Do they still have sub-committees, and do these sub-committees discuss local issues or issues of the State? How many of the by-law-required "parents" on the committee are also employees of the District?

The minute I read Goader's post, I realized the impact of the word "placation".

1 comment:

Leondra said...

Hey, want to let u know I read you.

I used to be an active blogger, now pulling the plug.

http://qualityedforsdhc.blogspot.com/

Will be back in another interface.