...there we stood in the doorway We heard the mission bell and we were thinking to ourselves "This could be heaven or this could be hell" Mirrors on the ceiling The pink champagne on ice. And she said: "We are all just prisoners here of our own device." (Eagles)

Sunday, August 5, 2007

One Week Today - Only one guest - Must get bigger Vacancy Sign

I was more or less goaded into the development of this website. I serendipitously stumbled onto a blog a couple of weeks ago and followed it's links. Became interested, decided to follow the American dream and build my own. I continue to renovate the many rooms and guest suites I maintain as I recognize a better staging opportunity.
I also have spent part of the week following blog links, and I have been rewarded with an increased awareness of many different aspects of the dilemma that teachers are in. While there are many, I am chasing the one regarding the "teacher vs. parent" discussion.
This interests me a lot, especially in my area of the motel business. While one could spend a lot of effort arguing on the merits of which one (parent or teacher) is more responsible for the success (likewise, failure) of a student, I have concern about the "special ed teacher vs. the special ed parent" issue. Regular ed teachers do not have to follow a set of Federal Laws that allows the parent to be an "equal participant" of the student's education plan. Special Ed teachers have this added variable. I am curious if and why this added variable is an asset or a liability for the SpEd teacher

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pshaw

PRO On HCPS said...

pshaw –interjection 1. (used to express impatience, contempt, disbelief, etc.)
–noun 2. an exclamation of “pshaw!”
–verb (used without object) 3. to say “pshaw.”
–verb (used with object) 4. to say “pshaw” at or to.


not sure if this response is related to my need for a bigger vacancy sign or my question about special ed teachers, or maybe it's the motel chain or it's concierge.
The printed word is so lacking of inflection that nuances are difficult to detect. Maybe I am getting a taste of my own medicine.

Anonymous said...

I seem to find a way to use a word in its most obscure meaning. If you click on the word above you will see its meaning as I intended it. It was all complementary in my shy reserved way.

We do have a tendency to be a tad protective of what we create.

PRO On HCPS said...

An "aha" moment for me.
Continental Breakfast along with complimentary expresso avaiable at 6:00 AM. Adjacent to the lobby.

PRO On HCPS said...

dohhh -available